Winter 2016 Participants Speak About Their Preceptorships
"The program was well organized and I was placed in the optimal location for my educational needs. My preceptor was extremely busy but still made time to teach."
- Maria F. , RN; (Fremont Medical Center,Yuba City, CA; Labor & Delivery, )
"Marshall was very welcoming and the staff on the Telemetry Unit helped me grow and learn a lot. It was an amazing experience, and I now know I want to work there one day."
- Natalie K. , CSU, Chico senior (Marshall Medical Center, Placerville, CA; Telemetry Unit, )
"This program is a great opportunity for nurses to get experience working as a real nurse. The medical-surgical unit was a great place to see a wide variety of patients. "
-Christopher S., RN, New graduate (Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital, Hollister, CA Med/Surg Unit)
"I had a wonderful experience with the RCNP and I feel much more competent and confident going into my last semester at Chico State."
- Katie C., CSU, Chico senior (Oroville Hospital, Oroville, CA; ICU)
"I have encouraged many of my classmates and fellow students from other semesters to participate in this wonderful program. I feel a lot better having this extra knowledge under my belt."
- Laura Z., Butte College senior (Enloe Medical Center, Chico, CA; Neuro-Trauma, Surgical ICU)
"The coordinator is exceptional at prompt and helpful communication. I felt supported and encouraged by the program, even with minimal face-to-face contact."
- Jason T., Sonoma State University, senior (Sutter Lakeside Hospital, Lakeport, CA; ED)
"This program greatly boosted my confidence...I felt like I could actually handle being a nurse!"
- Jacklyn C., CSU, Chico senior (Feather River Hospital, Paradise, CA; Maternity)